Monday 4 June 2012

Thing 6 Networking Online

I already have accounts with Facebook, Twitter and Linked In, but need to sort the latter profile to be more efficient. I have added the groups to my profile and continue to receive updates. I find links in Facebook and Twitter to be the best form of gleaning info on CILIP, although email alerts often get to me first. Many of the posts on various forums are irrelevant to me so thankfully, I have managed to speed up the scanning process . I've signed up for so many  groups or info feeds online that I have somehow to find the time to read everything?! This time around I have signed up to the LAT site. Interesting, if a little confusing on the web page navigation. Librarians as teachers is an area needing development in my personal development plan or PDP, but needs more resources not just comments. LISNPN looks good, but does it do anything more than our very own SLN on Yahoo groups?Had a quick scan of Pinterest. Looks great fun, but is it anything more than a visual version of Evernote? Great for visual learners in school though. So many groups! What we need is a one stop shop...CILIP can you help?

No comments:

Post a Comment