Saturday 30 June 2012

Reflection on CPD

On CPD 23 this week, reflecting on CPD. A very interesting insight. I too am an older CPD23er. Not having spent all time working life in libraries I have dabbled elsewhere. Upskilling seems to be essential in retaining employment in our economically challenged times. As a solo librarian in a school I feel there are huge barriers to increased status and salaries a) largely we are a female based workforce and b) school managers do not recognise our contribution to teaching and learning sufficiently to equate us on all levels with teachers. It appears the only way to move on is to seek employment in other careers. Again this makes upskilling and alternative CPD essential. I like the idea onsliding into unconscious incompetence, but there's no room for that in my working life when jobs are on the line.

No comments:

Post a Comment