Sunday 24 June 2012

Thing 7Real-life networks

Professional organisations. I have found belonging to CILIP & SLA vital to my professional development and for support in times of crisis. I  managed to go to the Lighting the Future conference run jointly by SLG, SLA & YLG where face to face networking is a huge part of the weekend as well as updating on all the latest technologies etc. Locally, I belong to the county School Librarians group which again provides support and CPD opportunites locally. As a librarian in an independent school, I and others are trying to get a group of us together in our local region. SLA were our first port of call for information on who we can conatct, but they haven't been very forthcoming. We may have to spread this by word of mouth/online using various groups. But then I've signed up for so many, that shouldn't be too hard! Cost has become an important factor in belonging to more professional organisations other than keeping up to date online. After all, librarians aren't paid that much!

No comments:

Post a Comment