Sunday 24 June 2012

Thing 8 Google Calendar

I'm really impressed with Google Calendar and it's email alerts. When I get around to getting a Smart phone this will be even more valuable. I do like the fact that you can share the calendar, which will be invaluable if I set this up for my Library Assistant to share which will save a lot of crossed wires. Even better, it actually works in school without having firewall problems. A small comment is that the alerts only come in on the day you've added event in. Sometimes it's actually useful to have that information the day before, so a practical solution is to add alerts on the day before as well. Microsoft's Office version on Outlook is preferred tool in school, so maybe having two claendars will be too confusing. Watch this space to see who wins out!

No comments:

Post a Comment