Monday 20 August 2012

Thing 17 Prezi, Slidehare

And so to slideshare. This is a great way of viewing other people's slideshows, but as yet I haven't produced anything for others to follow. I'm concentrating on Prezi and all it's machinations which is automatically available for others to view. I've viewed some of the slideshows and presentations from the CILIP SLG conference and some fabulous display ideas for our LRC. It could be a way to show off remorselessly because you can stop 'copying' by others and allow viewing only. This isn't a new tool, but has been around for some time in the background. Those who belong to the SLN on Yahoo groups will know and love it well. The slideshare on Presentations from last weeks Thing was brilliant. http://www.slideshare.net/thewikiman/stop-breaking-the-basic-rules-of-presenting I also agree that it can become your own personal online protfolio. So here goes. I'm off to experiment!

Prezi is a wondrous tool tha keeps developing and getting more sophisticated every time I look at it. I use for Induction sessions to all new students and for the basis for my Information Literacy lessons with year 12. The school are starting to encourage students to get going on Prezi too. My only complaint that is that to make a good Prezi, an awful lot of time has to be taken up in planning. I suppose practise makes perfect. I have uploaded old powerpoints into Prezi, but I'm afraid they still look very stilted in comparison. The tips listed in Thing 17 are very useful. I wonder what the next big thing in presentations will be? 3D perhaps?

No comments:

Post a Comment